Re: [News] [] Microsoft "The RIAA of Operating Systems"? There's a Solution

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 25 May 2007 06:36 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that alt spake thusly:
>
>> But I disagree to a point about your statement that a part of a person's
>> ambitions are tied to altruism. I find that my ambitions are tied closer
>> to my desire to learn. I just happen to not care if I get paid for what I
>> learn in a lot of cases.
>
> I'd agree. My primary motivations in such things are curiosity, the
> desire to learn, self achievement, and self-fulfilment.
>
> There is an altruistic element to what I do too, though, such as my work
> on Fedora, which can sometimes be a bit of a slog, but I do it anyway,
> because what started out as something motivated by curiosity becomes
> something others depend on. I gain great satisfaction from that.

[sarcasm] Don't you get satisfaction from getting a monthly piece of paper
with big numbers on it?
[/sarcasm]

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
Mem:    514480k total,   476688k used,    37792k free,     3708k buffers