Re: [News] [Linux] PCLinuxOS Recommended as Vista Altenrative, Reviewed

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 17:31 John Locke wrote:

>>New PCLinuxOS 2007 looks great, works well
>>
> Just tried the Live CD and I agree.
>
> This is a serious OS and has the potential of making a real impact in
> the desktop market. I wonder if Balmer's seen this one !

Ignore these people.

It's an absolute b****y bummer!  You will learn nothing by using this
distro.

My wife's new Lenovo arrived yesterday - yes, with XP Pro. - Dell have
dragged their feet and lost a sale.
As you linux cretins know full-well, Linux is absolutely useless with the
wireless networking.
However, XP Pro picked it up.

After she'd done playing, I re-booted it with the new PCLinuxOS LiveCD.
... refused the "wrapper" bit or whatever it's called - just boot the damned
thing "as is" from the LiveCD and see if it picks up the H/W.

Ah well.... guess I'll not be learning a lot about Linux wireless problems
in the near future.... straight on to the Internet......