Re: Linux getting better all the time ...

  • Subject: Re: Linux getting better all the time ...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 02:53:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ ed ] on Tuesday 22 May 2007 22:28 \__

> On Tue, 22 May 2007 22:58:48 +0200
> Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In my eyes, this is an example of the progress Linux makes. No, not
>> everything works as smoothly as this yet - and if the camera isn't
>> recognized or supported, the user must fall back on an SD card reader
>> or the likes - but it's very encouraging all the same. And I get ever
>> more enthusiastic responses from my users about stuff "simply
>> working" without the need to install or even configure anything, such
>> as new printers, MP3 players, digital video cameras, and ripping and
>> encoding of CD's, to name just a few things.
>
> but does xp recognise the camera without the driver cd?

The initial transition to Linux sometimes involves coping with hardware that
is Linux-hostile. But it's a one-timem thing and the amount of hardware that
has no Linux drivers is getting smaller each day.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP
roy      pts/6                         Tue May 22 15:34 - 15:34  (00:00)