Re: [News] [Rival] Lots More 'Fun' with Windows

__/ [ John Locke ] on Tuesday 22 May 2007 17:25 \__

> On Tue, 22 May 2007 12:43:22 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Symantec "false positive" crunches thousands of Chinese Windows XP PCs
>>
>>| The Chinese Internet Security Response Team (CISRT) have now dubbed
>>| May 18 as "Black Friday" and called it a horrible day. Although the
>>| problem only affected the "simplified Chinese" version of Windows
>>| XP, Chinese reports are that around 7,000 users were affected when
>>| the anti-virus software deleted the two files. When users rebooted
>>| their PCs, they were greeted with the "blue screen of death".
>
> I personally think they should replace the  blue screen with a picture
> of Balmer saying "gotcha" in Chinese.

How about a screen greeting the user and asking him/her to purchase a (newer,
albeit a 'downgrade') version of Windows with 'goodies' like DRM? Seriously,
several aspects in Vista, such as WGA and updates, actually feature adverts.
This was pointed out just weeks ago. Microsoft was going to embed some in
the login screen, but later they realised it would be a bad idea. I remember
some articles about this... going back to 2006. Content delivery platform
indeed...

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom
Tasks: 139 total,   1 running, 134 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie