Re: [News] [Linux] More Extensive Use of Linux in Berlin is Demanded

__/ [ John Locke ] on Tuesday 22 May 2007 16:40 \__

> On Tue, 22 May 2007 15:49:34 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Berlin's IT industry demands open systems
>>
> "IT industry association SIBB is accusing Berlin's state senate of
> returning to the "computer Stone Age" with its IT strategy, which the
> association says does not support Open Source enough, thereby
> endangering local jobs."
>
> We're talking Microsoft here, I assume.

Yes, of course. Just recall the recent study as well.

It would be silly to ignore the facts and procrastinate imporvements forever.
Berlin will be getting some prodding from the government. It's resisting a
policy.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom
Tasks: 139 total,   1 running, 134 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie