Re: developers don't want GPL 3 says MS paid for study ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Tuesday 22 May 2007 18:43 \__

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070522-microsoft-funds-questionable-study-attacking-gpl-3-draft-process.html

> 'A Developers Bill of Rights: What Open Source Developers Want in a
> Software License'
>
> 'open source developers are also affected, but have been significantly
> under-represented in the discussion. In this paper, our objective was to
> give developers a voice and bring their opinions into the debate'
>
> 'We sent out 354 emails .. we received 34 responses for a response rate
> of 11%'
>
> http://www.key-inc.com/developers.pdf

So, after having all their lobbyists lie to the media they do a 'survey'?
Guess what? OpenLogic did a survey some time ago and developers love GPLv3.
Microsoft's recent legal attack was driven by the last straw, which it said
was GPLv3. It's the check mate.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    YaSTall Linux to figure out the magic
 12:05am  up 24 days  8:27,  7 users,  load average: 1.31, 0.55, 0.25