[News] [Linux] New Linux Users, Thanks to Sony Playstation

DLNA on a PS3: ACCESS Demonstrates DMS

,----[ Quote ]
| Using "Yellow Dog Linux v5.0 for PlayStation 3," the company demonstrated
| its NetFront Living Connect for Linux.
`----

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20070521/132856/

Linux on the PS3

,----[ Quote ]
| After a lot of back and forth I finally got Linux installed on my
| PS3. Ended up installing Yellowdog Linux.
`----

http://blogs.gnome.org/view/uraeus/2007/05/21/0

Related:

Opera Desktop Team: Approaching 9.2 [with PPC Support]

,----[ Quote ]
| The most important is that we've fixed some issues with Flash 9
| on Linux. This means that you can now watch YouTube video
| fullscreen! (And close annyoing Flash ads.)
|
| [...]
|
| ...we have now ppc-linux .6 packages: that means that they work
| (okay, should work) on your PS3! -- if you installed Linux on it.
`----

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2007/03/30/approaching-9-2

PS3 Yellow Dog Linux Install Videos

,----[ Quote ]
| Due to the demand on the PS3 forums I am making some install videos of
| Yellow Dog Linux. Sorry about the slightly shaky footage, since I was
| installing and holding the camera at the same time.
`----

http://fatpenguinblog.com/?p=798

Yellow Dog Linux launches for PS3

,----[ Quote ]
| Once the software is released for download on the public mirrors, it will
| be free of charge.
`----

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6162316.html?sid=6162316&sid=6162316

Rumor: Sony Spain expect to sell more PS3 in one Day than Xbox 360 Did since
Launch

,----[ Quote ]
| Rumor has it that Sony Spain are boasting they expect to sell more units
| of the PS3 system in one day than Microsoft has managed with the Xbox
| 360 since its launch.
`----

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=14534

PS3 Bests Wii And Xbox 360 In Play Pre-Orders

,----[ Quote ]
| "PS3 News is reporting that PS3 pre-orders are fifteen times more than Wii,
| while Xbox 360 trails by a six to one margin."
`----

http://www.s-times.net/02172007/17/ps3_bests_wii_and_xbox_360_in_play_pre_orders

Sony to slash PS3 price by 25%

,----[ Quote ]