[News] [Linux] Applications Ported to GNU/Linux in China

Professionals and academics join OSS keynote, forum

,----[ Quote ]
| "We have ported many of our programs to OSS and are encouraging
| ISVs to do the same," said Jeff Chu, manager of Linux Business,
| IBM China/Hong Kong. "We want local ISVs to join leading
| engineers in our partnership programs and to create OSS
| solutions to give more choice to customers. Two years ago, there
| was not much OSS experience in Hong Kong but now lots of people,
| including my colleagues, are joining the bandwagon and 40% of our
| software solutions are available on Linux."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;495030207;fp;2;fpid;1

Related:

CCID Consulting: China's Linux Market up by 30.9% in 2007Q1

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-08-2007/0004583089&EDATE=
http://tinyurl.com/yooq7a