[News] [Linux] Manipur (India) Showing Increased Interest in GNU/Linux?

[Linux Attraction in Manipur]

| Around 500 students ranging from class VIII to BE, MCA and MSc, etc
| from various districts of Manipur participated in the competition
| held in three categories.
|
| [...]
|
| Prizes were distributed to the winners and Linux free software CDs
| and T-shirts to all the participants.
`----

http://www.e-pao.net/GP.asp?src=12..210507.may07

Related:

India can live without Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 6,500 Linux systems have already been packed off to
| villages and another 6,100 Acer desktop systems with Suse on
| their way.
|
| Umashankar said that more than 20,000 desktop systems will be
| installed in schools that will only run on Suse. All ELCOT
| servers will run on Redhat. ELCOT expects to train 30,000
| government officials in Linux and Open Office too.

AP to forge ties with MIT for open source software

,----[ Quote ]
| The Andhra Pradesh government is forging ties with the Massachusetts
| Institute of Technology (MIT), US, for collaboration in the areas of
| e-governance, data standards and service-oriented architecture.
| "MIT will provide funding and technological assistance for
| developing and promoting different software components
| including an open source platform," said state IT secretary
| K Ratnaprabha.
`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andhra_Pradesh

Tamil Nadu (India) Shutting the Door On Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| "The managing director of the IT procurement, consulting, and training
| agency for the Tamil Nadu government describes the reasons why he has
| chosen OSS, and also how he dealt with Microsoft executives."
`----

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/03/0226229&from=rss

Kerala On Linux Express Highway

,----[ Quote ]