Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's bribery exposed and defeated

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 10 November 2007 01:21 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that skydweller spake thusly:
>> [H]omer wrote:
>
>>> Which of Microsoft's "deepest secrets" did Stuart Scott know, or
>>> was about to discover, that made his departure so necessary?
>>
>> Curious.  Other things being equal, it would make more sense to keep
>> someone with such knowledge in the fold lest all be revealed.  Maybe
>> he just took his responsibilities as CIO seriously and implemented a
>> linux infrastructure?

Too late to reverse this...

Breaking: Newsvine Acquired By Microsoft — What is Microsoft going to do with
the Linux Hosted site they just bought?

| The funny thing is, The site is hosted on Debian Linux...
`----

http://www.tribbleagency.com/?p=383

Top secret: Microsoft's $6 billion open source play

,----[ Quote ]
| This month's announcement by Microsoft to acquire digital marketing
| services firm aQuantive has revealed little on how the companies
| will integrate their IT, but inside information indicates the deal
| may be Redmond's largest commitment to free software.
|
| [...]
|
| Whether the businesses are complementary or not, Microsoft's integration
| work will no doubt involve a lot of open source software used by aQuantive.
|
| Information available from Atlas' Web site indicates the Internet software
| company employs extensive use of open source software including Linux,
| Apache, MySQL, and Solaris.
|
| Software engineers at Atlas' Raleigh office do client/server development in
| C and C++, software maintenance and "scripting", and developing and
| maintaining custom reporting capabilities.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1616039231;fp;2;fpid;1

It's unofficial: Microsoft bets business on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| What the press statement didn't mention is that Aruba mobility
| controllers run the Linux operating system which Microsoft has
| aggressively targeted as being inferior to Windows as part of
| its "Get the Facts" marketing campaign.
|
| [...]
|
| Pandey's appraisal of Aruba's technology is in stark contrast to
| Microsoft's "Get the Facts" rhetoric which places Windows as a more secure,
| and higher-performing choice over Linux.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;754084996;fp;2;fpid;1

Among many more examples I can recall but need searching for.

> If you've got a mole on the inside, you get rid of it, you don't keep it
> hanging around to cause more damage. It's called damage limitations.
>
> And naturally a man on the outside has no access to evidence (provided
> you act swiftly and brutally ... just as in this case), and thus cannot
> prove anything; it's all unsubstantiated. Microsoft can just label him a
> "disgruntled employee", and then fire up the shredder. I can imagine the
> goodbye speech from Sweaty; I'll bet it included the word scapegoat (or
> that implication anyway), to ensure Scott keeps his mouth shut.
>
> Pure speculation of course, but then while Microsoft continues hiding
> the truth, that's all anyone can do, and it's not like such behaviour is
> unimaginable - their malicious doctrine is transparently self-evident.
>
> I cannot believe that everyone who works for Microsoft are evil bastards
> like those at the core. It's inevitable that every now and then one of
> the little monkey's becomes overwhelmed by the sheer malevolence of it
> all, and cracks.

Yes. That's sums it up. As I said hours after he had been sacked (well, after
the actual reports), *THIS* is an indication of rotten things inside
Microsoft. They refuse to disclosure a /reason/ (akin to silencing attempts...
wonder if they pay him lots of money upon departure to keep his big mouth
shut...).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed" --Unknown