Re: [News] Windows fanboi sabotages 13 year old girl's Linux PC

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 04 November 2007 01:44 : \____

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/349-For-Some...Dont-Waste-Your-Time.html

> I've come to expect this kind of behaviour and attitude from the
> Microsoft sect, but it still never fails to horrify me how low they will
> stoop. It's sickening, repulsive and deeply disturbing.

I missed your post and duped it by accident. To elaborate on your words, mind
this recent story:

PC World Linux laptop warranty saga gets even more bizarre

,----[ Quote ]
| This is not an isolated incident by any means, reports are now popping up of
| other people turned away by PC World for hardware repairs due to a Linux
| installation. One even reports that PC World told him that Linux was
| 'alien software' and so the numerous dead pixels on the screen could not be
|  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| repaired under warranty. Perhaps the Linux spaceship had landed on the
| display causing the damage? Makes about as much sense as PC World is at the
| moment…

I guess that's what people come to think when Microsoft equates it to cancer,
to communism, and says it 'steals' their precious IP. More on this:

PC World refuse to repair hardware fault, AGAIN because of linux! argh

,----[ Quote ]
| So, after being told this rubbish I said well tell you what, I called
| expecting Head Office and I was told I am being put through to them, clearly
| you are not Head Office can you transfer me now please. He did't like that
| much obviously, he agreed and then...
|
| Hung up on me.
|
| Argh, so I go back into the store as I was in the car park making the call.
|
| Told Mr Tank that he told me more rubbish and he said that its a call centre,
| and he has no other contact number for them. He didn't try to call them, he
| didnt offer me any more help. So I said I would write in as I had no other
| choice and I left.
`----

http://www.dreamstate.eu/home/20070914.html

PC World refuse to repair hardware fault, because of Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| PC World refuse to repair hardware fault, because of LinuxToday I took my
| laptop to pc world because a crack has developed near the left hinge,
| this develops because the joint inside is failing and spreading to the
| casing.
|
| Laptop is only 4 or 5 months old and otherwise in good condition.
|
| It was agreed that infact there is indeed an issue with the hinge and that it
| will spread much further untill the display can no longer stay attached to
| the rest of the unit.
|
| Then I was told because I have Linux installed, I am not covered by my
| warranty.
`----

http://www.dreamstate.eu/?pcworld

The Microsoft shillcosystem must be identified, then suppressed. Only a
narrow-minded, prejudiced, anti-choice prick would refuse to accept software
that represents freedom. As Ken said, it's about choice, as long as you
respect other people's choices as well.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows leaves me peckish
Mem:    515500k total,   444076k used,    71424k free,     3648k buffers