[News] Ubuntu Linux Popularity Investigated

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Linux Popularity Investigated
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 00:27:41 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu: Just how popular is it?

,----[ Quote ]
| There is no doubt that Ubuntu’s popularity has grown dramatically over the
| past few years, but just how popular is Ubuntu? How many people have ever
| heard of Ubuntu? How many people visit the Ubuntu site each month? How many
| people have tried Ubuntu, and more importantly, how many people are actually
| using it?
`----

http://www.starryhope.com/linux/ubuntu/2007/ubuntu-just-how-popular-is-it/

Many Linux events on their way:

http://www.linuxforu.com/events.php

Related:

Linux is Poised to Take Over the World

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the biggest complaints I hear from computer users is how
| quickly their computers are made obsolete, either by the introduction
| of new software, demanding faster processors, more memory and better
| video cards, or else a new version of an operating system, demanding
| the same things. Linux, because of so many varieties, can be made
| into a perfect fit for almost any computer, no matter how old.
`----

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/230070/linux_is_poised_to_take_over_the_world.html

Change is maddeningly inevitable

,----[ Quote ]