Re: Ubuntu 7.10, First Impressions

After takin' a swig o' grog, thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Yup there is a new GUI tool in 7.10, just try: System > Settings >
>> Screens and Graphics.
>>
>> Cheers!
>
> Cool... exactly what I was looking for.

Where's the source code for that app located?

The nvidia-settings app from *cough cough* a proprietary vendor takes my
64-bit system down hard, in a way I've never seen before when I use

   nvidia-settings --glxinfo

I hate to spoil the proprietary love of posters such as DFS, but I find
all too frequently that the most problematic applications on Linux are
those provided by proprietary vendors.  Nvidia and VMware (to give two
examples) have decent Linux products, but both of them have some
problems.

And the proprietary guys just don't seem to want to master automake or
deb.

--
The pubis the place!