[News] NimbleX 2007 (Linux with KDE) Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] NimbleX 2007 (Linux with KDE) Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 12:27:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Review: NimbleX 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall though, aside from those couple of misgivings, I find NimbleX to be
| very enjoyable, easily usable, and highly recommendable for people with older
| machines, or those just looking for raw, unbridled speed and light weight
| operation.  And all of this comes coupled with the grand power of KDE.  So
| give it a try.  What you find may endear you to this distribution for years
| to come.  Also, in my honest opinion, I believe that NimbleX flat out trumps
| most other light weight distribution by providing both speed and power in one
| tiny little distribution.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=328

Related:

NimbleX: The Diet Slackware

,----[ Quote ]
| The NimbleX distribution has a prospect and is on the right track to be
| popular. It gives hope to those who maybe are still using Windows 98 today
| due to their ultra low-end computers; and for goodness sake please burn that
| rubbish OS. All things considered, I find NimbleX really easy to use but I
| will recommend it only to novice users for the lack of automated installer.
| NimbleX is true to its name and is definitely worth a try.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/10/nimblex-diet-slackware.html

ReviewLinux.Com First Look: NimbleX sub100

,----[ Quote ]
| Sitting around on a Sunday night so I thought I would take a quick look at a
| small Linux distribution call NimbleX. With only a 100 meg footprint this
| distro was fast to download and I snapped a few quick shots of it plus a
| short flash video. Enjoy!
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=7369

The 1st stable NimbleX has done

,----[ Quote ]
| NimbleX has a special edition that is smaller than 100MB but still retains
| some functionality for a broad variaty of tasks.
`----

http://linuxmini.blogspot.com/2007/09/1st-stable-nimblex-has-done.html

NimbleX 2007v2 is out!

,----[ Quote ]
| NimbleX is a small but versatile operating system which is able to boot from
| a small 8 cm CD, from flash memory like USB pens or Mp3 players and even from
| the network. Because it runs entirely from a CD, USB or network it doesn’t
| require installation or even much hardware.
`----

http://www.nimblex.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=1

NimbleX 2007 - As the Name Implies...

,----[ Quote ]