Re: Yell if Microsoft's Live.com Spammed You Too

____/ [H]omer on Friday 16 November 2007 09:17 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx spake thusly:
>
>> <Quote> ...this post presents evidence indicating that Microsoft is
>> spamming websites.
>
> Not mine ... any more, since I block everything from the "65.55." netblock.

If only you saw the amount of sh*t Microsoft shoves into the logs (about 6000
SPAM per month). It makes them unreadable. It's a total mess.

Thank you, Microsoft, for once again sabotaging other people's work, even if
they use Linux on the server and the desktop. Microsoft uses zombies to SPAM
Web sites, but this time the zombies do exactly what they are supposed to do.

There are other examples that go a long way back, e.g.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/07/12/msnbot-fights-linux-servers/

Is Microsoft *trying* to make people hate them? It's like a type A
pesonality/entity < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_A_personality >. Vain as
hell. Thinks it owns the Web.

Roy S. Schestowitz     | GPL - Global Programmer's Law