[News] Sony Reader Built on GNU/Linux (Like Several Others)

  • Subject: [News] Sony Reader Built on GNU/Linux (Like Several Others)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:33:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Down with paper: A review of the Sony Reader

,----[ Quote ]
| Not only does the new Reader sport an SD card slot alongside the Pro Duo
| slot, but it plays AAC and MP3 files; ATRAC doesn't even make an appearance
| on the spec sheet. Oh, and did I mention that the Reader is Penguin-powered?
`----

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/sony-reader-review.ars

Related:

Sharp intros RD-CX100 dictionary / e-book reader

,----[ Quote ]
| It may not boast quite the versatility of its souped-up
| Linux-based "electronic dictionary," but if you're just looking for
| some basic e-book reading capabilities along with your
| multi-lingual dictionary, Sharp's new RD-CX100 looks like it
| may fit the bill.
`----

http://digg.com/gadgets/Sharp_intros_RD_CX100_dictionary_e_book_reader

HP offers peek at next-gen gadgets