Re: Autotext patents ordered list ..

> ____/ Doug Mentohl on Tuesday 13 November 2007 10:55 : \____
>
>> On 13 Nov, 06:20, "[H]omer" wrote:
>>
>>> You'll still need cash though, otherwise how will you pay the patent
>>> royalties for "a method of bartering using rocks" and "a method of
>>> travelling over water using limbs" and "a method of absorbing oxygen into
>>> the bloodstream using a cardiovascular system" and "a method of intimidating
>>> natives using coconuts and bananas"?
>>
>> Actually it is called an 'associative array' ...
>>
>> Funny how none of the advocates bothered to comment here, yet are too
>> busy dialoging with fuddie over on 'Could it be? Something Windows can
>> do but Linux can't?', over 100 replies to the worst garbage on
>> Usenet ...
>
> Go to YouTube and see the Bust.com video/s. Watch how they try to make simple
> things sounds complicated (a la 'associative array').

I agree very strongly with Doug.  These issues are far more important to
Linux advocacy than any vanity lists.  In fact, the vanity list stuff
was looking tired a couple of years ago;  I don't think anyone is in any
doubt that the best current OS is Ubuntu from the user perspective, but
also, that most Linux distros are superior to Windows in most respects.

A patent for predictive text?  Absurd.