[News] Mandriva 2008 and Ubuntu 7.10, Suited for Business (More Than Vista)

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva 2008 and Ubuntu 7.10, Suited for Business (More Than Vista)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:33:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mandriva 2008 VS Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

| Well, finally, what can be said? Both distributions have their pros and cons.
| Mandriva has recently consolidated its product lines and offers, allowing
| users afraid to be on their own the reassurance of paid for support while
| leaving a very convincing offer available to free software users, while
| Ubuntu is appearing more and more often pre-installed on consumer computers—
| and version 7.10 should be even easier to pre-install.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/mandriva_2008_vs_ubuntu_7_10_gutsy_gibbon

QuickBooks For Linux

| Yes! Linux PLEASE! We have completed an evaluation of the latest Ubuntu
| distribution of Linux, version 6.10 ("Edgy"), and we believe it is not only a
| better business desktop than Windows XP, but once a few (free) items such as
| Beryl are added in it is superior to Microsoft Vista. Ubuntu would be our
| business desktop of choice, but the main item holding us back is Quickbooks.
| I am sure this is true for many generic business desktops.
`----

http://community.intuit.ca/discussion/index.php?showtopic=21054

Hopefully they watch this. Intuit and Microsoft.

Related:

Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Enters Linux Fold

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.crn.com/small-business/199903645