Re: [News] Debian Computer Boots in Under 2 Seconds

<posted & mailed>

____/ Jerry McBride on Thursday 29 November 2007 01:35 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Quick booting SBC runs Debian Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Technologic Systems has announced a single-board computer (SBC) claimed
>> | to boot Linux 2.6 in under two seconds.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3219821348.html
>>

> Wow! This thing is awesome... and only 4watts of power require? But the
> price... why oh why can't the price be a nit more affordable? For the
> asking price of $270.00 I could buy a complete computer from Walmart and
> have change left over for a new keyboard and mouse...
>
> Some body, some where, has a nicely featured SBC at a real affordable
> price...

Are you designinga space rocket? Beowulf clusters, SBCs by the hundreds...

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq