Re: [News] Debian Computer Boots in Under 2 Seconds

><posted & mailed>
>
> ____/ Jerry McBride on Thursday 29 November 2007 01:35 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Quick booting SBC runs Debian Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3219821348.html
>>>

>> Wow! This thing is awesome... and only 4watts of power require? But the
>> price... why oh why can't the price be a nit more affordable? For the
>> asking price of $270.00 I could buy a complete computer from Walmart and
>> have change left over for a new keyboard and mouse...
>>
>> Some body, some where, has a nicely featured SBC at a real affordable
>> price...
>
> Are you designinga space rocket? Beowulf clusters, SBCs by the hundreds...

Development systems usually have a lot of IO, which tends to be a bit
more pricey than "complete" systems.  Also, as they do not expect to
sell the same kinds of numbers as domestic equipment will, they have to
price more highly because of the production economics curve problem.