Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's and Intel's Charity Sabotage. BUSTED!

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 28 November 2007 01:22 : \____

>> Intel, Microsoft Despised the XO Laptop
>>
>> http://mobile.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/24/2015229&from=rss
>
> This comment says it all really:
>
> "This is a non profit effort. Next the pharmaceuticals will be going
> after the red cross because they want to sell cheap blood alternatives
> to disaster victims. Yeah competition!"
>
> To the likes of Intel and Microsoft, it's just a "market opportunity"
> ... not /aid/. It's just another opportunity to put their "competition"
> (a charity!) out of business, by stealing their "customers" (third-world
> poor).
>
> http://www.olpctalks.com/nicholas_negroponte/olpc_60_minutes_interview.html

Good one. I heard that line about them treating poor toddlers as "customers"
before...

Here are some new references that are not included in the OP. This one makes my
blood boil:

Intel: doing the dirty on OLPC

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel’s agreement with the OLPC Foundation included a ‘non disparagement’
| clause, under which Intel and One Laptop promised not to criticize each
| other, according to Nicholas Negroponte in the latest article in the Wall
| Street Journal.
|
| Still Intel tactics have violated that repeatedly to kill OLPC efforts in
| Nigeria, Libya, Pakistan, India, China and Intel is also still trying to pull
| those tactics in Mexico, Brazil.
| This is simply disgracefull of Intel, scandalous.
|
| But Negroponte has signed an agreement saying that he is not allowed to
| criticize Intel, so he is not allowed to talk about these shameless tactics
| even though Intel is the one violating the agreement.
|
| So only independant voices on the Internet can get those messages of truth
| out about Intels tactics.
|
| In Nigeria, Intel came and donated 3000 laptops to counter OLPC efforts, then
| sells 17 thousand Classmates to Nigeria at a loss.
|
| Then Microsoft corrupted Nigerian officials with 400 thousand dollars to
| install Windows XP on those instead of Mandriva Linux.
`----

http://www.p2pnet.net/story/14124

It's not just me who is angered...

Not Such a Harsh Toke, Actually

,----[ Quote ]
| The Gates | Otellini axis directly hurts us deeply. To me, it is a
| particularly American shame.
`----

http://fussnotes.typepad.com/plexnex/2007/11/not-such-a-hars.html

Too bad you can't give the electric chair to /companies/, let alone litigate
against 800lb gorillas (guerillas).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"