Re: 386-vintage Windows Ad

____/ SomeBloke on Tuesday 27 November 2007 01:07 : \____

> SomeBloke wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> ____/ SomeBloke on Monday 26 November 2007 15:48 : \____

>>> I was about 7 or 8 when I got my first computer (386) and all I knew at
>>> the time was that this "Mac thing" at the store (I recall this image
>>> quite vividly) was more impressive. I saw this really nice screensaver on
>>> it and the computer looked much better. That was the first time I saw a
>>> Mac.
>>>

>> I remember being deeply impressed by the Apple Lisa when it first came
>> out, and shocked by the price. I think I'm right in saying that it had an
>> A4 sized screen that you could physically turn 90 degrees and alter the
>> screen to Landscape format. Years ahead of its time. Pity it never caught
>> on.
>>
>> Tim.
>

> On second thoughts, perhaps I dreamt the screen!

The Macs must have been very expensive at the time (so the story goes), based
on the difficulty in finding any. I had just one friend that had a Mac (I
think) and it was sort of ahead of its time if all you ever saw was a PC. This
must have been around 1991 when I was 9. Did the Macs run Price of Persia by
any chance? it's all very fuzzy....

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I think I think, therefore I think I am"