Re: [News] Screenshots and Review of the Linux Distribution That Makes Ubuntu Mint

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz had the audacity to say that:

> One thing you could try with Exaile is run it from the command line (just tying
> in exaile) and see what the error is. If nothing is echoed, one could go
> further to stracing the issue (advanced), but another option would be to 'fix'
> it the Windows way (uninstall and reinstall, or simply upgrade).
>
> Once you get everything working, it stays that way for good. There's no bizarre
> Registry intervention of any kind, so the maintenance burden (long run) is non
> existence, unless you try to break something deliberately or experiment too
> much.

Thank's Roy.  I took your suggestion and ran it in a terminal and found that
I was running at 16 bit color depth, and Exaile required 24 bit.  After
installing restricted nvidia blob, Exaile works.

*R* *H*

--
"Look at Cuba's shape," I instructed her. "Talk about phallic. And what are
it's main products? Cigars. TR already had his Big Stick, and if there's one