Re: [News] [Rival] Bill Gates Caught Lying About His Prediction, SPAM Goes Out of Control

____/ ed on Friday 23 November 2007 12:04 : \____

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2007-11-22-spam_N.htm?csp=N008

>> Nope. Journalists wrote down what he said. More Bill Gates lies below.
>
> Yeah, we all remember laughing are asses off when he said that. Has it
> been two years already?
>
> This is what happens when there's no community to check and verify the
> cathedral approach that big businesses take.
>
> Well, could have been worse I suppose. He could have said that the chair
>  ground to air ratio would be solved.

Mind the fact that he didn't just contradict his own quote. Oh, no; he said
that SPAM has been reduced... "a lot".

You're in the network admin biz. How much has SPAM increased between 2004 and
2006? Like 10 times?

Microsoft also lies _as a company_, as usual. The article says that Microsoft's
estimate is 20-10%/80-90% (ham/spam ratio). Now, watch this:

Hotmail still riddled with spam

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to
| Hotmail addresses are spam.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2188226/hotmail-riddled-spam-admits

Has Microsoft contradicted itself, just like the CEO?

Microsoft and OOXML: when lies become a (ISO) standard.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> apt-get -not windows
 12:20:01 up 23 days, 16:18,  4 users,  load average: 1.40, 0.87, 1.37