Re: Trojan horse spreads quickly through Microsoft's IM

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

> [4] Downloading a list of ads from a central server,
>     and then sending them to the email list.  After all,
>     we have to generate traffic for #2.

This is likely the only real purpose of any botnet, since it's the only
one that generates cash (blackmail jobs aside). There are a few vengeful
types who would possibly splash out to hire a botnet for a rather
unprofitable (but satisfying) DDoS attack, but I'd imagine they are an
extreme rarity.

So once again, I'd just like to extend my appreciation to Microsoft, for
making those Russian Mafia pharma gangster's lives so easy, and making
Microsoft user's migration away from Windows more essential by the day.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
 21:12:53 up 10 days, 18:06,  2 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.49, 0.53