[News] New version of Devil-Linux Released, Firefox 3.0 Beta Praised

  • Subject: [News] New version of Devil-Linux Released, Firefox 3.0 Beta Praised
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 07:33:49 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Wed 21st Nov,2007 - Devil-Linux 1.2.14 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The changes include lots of program updates, added missing iptables modules,
| Kernel 2.4.35.2 and much more. See the Changelog for details.
`----

http://www.devil-linux.org/news/index.php?item=1983

Firefox 3 Beta 1 is a winner

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Mozilla's blurb: "Firefox 3 Beta 1 is based on the new Gecko 1.9
| Web rendering platform, which has been under development for the past 27
| months and includes nearly 2 million lines of code changes, fixing more than
| 11,000 issues." That means little to me. All I'm interested in is
| performance, reliability, look and feel. And from what I've seen so far,
| Firefox 3 Beta 1 succeeds spectacularly in all areas.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15460/1023/

Related:

Welcome to Devil-Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Devil-Linux is a distribution which boots and runs completely from CDROM.
| The configuration can be saved to a floppy diskette or a USB pen
| drive.
`----

http://www.devil-linux.org/home/index.php

Memory test - Firefox 2.0.0.9 vs Firefox 3.0 b 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Does Firefox 3.0 beta 1 do a better job of handling memory than earlier
| versions?  In a test put Firefox 3.0 beta up against Firefox 2.0.0.9 in a
| series of tests.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=960

Mozilla releases Firefox 3 beta 1

,----[ Quote ]
| A few months later than had been planned, Mozilla on Monday night released
| the first beta version of an overhauled Firefox, the widely used open-source
| Web browser.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9820775-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

“Beautiful” tab switching for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Performance-wise, CPU usage spiked from 2-3% to 45-50% during high speed tab
| switching (that is, I kept Ctrl + Tab pressed for a while), but immediately
| went back to previous cool 2-3% usage.
|
| Firefox 3 Beta 1 is expected within the next couple of weeks.
`----

http://cybercapital.org/index.php/2007/11/09/beautiful-tab-switching-for-firefox-3/

Firefox 3: A look at its new security features

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular Web browsers around today. But
| what does the Mozilla team have in store for us along security lines?
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=284

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme

,----[ Quote ]
| Work on the new linux theme for Firefox 3 is progressing nicely due to a very
| active group of contributers. To match the operating system’s theme,
| Firefox’s navigation toolbar will use native GTK icons.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2007/11/13/update-on-the-firefox-3-linux-theme/

Firefox 3 Beta Shows Promise

,----[ Quote ]