Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

____/ AHappyCamper on Wednesday 21 November 2007 03:01 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ____/ Rex Ballard on Tuesday 20 November 2007 22:01 : \____
>>
>>> It's possible that Mac will be used as a way to get executives who
>>> don't want to learn Linux on board.
>>
>> Have a look at the figures in this survey. Linux is more popular than Macs.
>>

> With Macs, one must switch to the Mac hardware and software.  With
> GNU/Linux and *BSD, existing hardware is accelerated.
>
> CEOs, CTOs, CFOs, must explain to the shareholders why they expend extra
> money for Microsoft's products that are technologically aged, require
> additional (expensive) protection from the million Microsoft
> Virus/worms/bots/ and exploits.
>
> Microsoft CEOs and other executives have given sworn depositions,
> testimony, and SEC Quarterly filings under penalty of jail, that Linux
> holds 17% (in 2005) of consumer market, 70% of the Server market, and
> over 30% of Corporate Enterprise marketshare.

Without a doubt, a lot of effort is put into creating and spreading the Big
Lie. Linux is far more widely used than the media would have us believe, for a
large number of reasons. It's easier when one controls the media and we've
seen situations where Microsoft **paid** companies to tweak statistics.
Remember the MSBBC's claim that only 400-600 Linux users visit the MSBBC Web
site. It was their tech chief who said this.

> Testimony also gives growth estimates for "Linux" of up to 3% per annum
> in major Microsoft markets.
>
> Doing my share, I see. Five conversions, per week, to "Linux", since 1997.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
 03:20:01 up 21 days,  7:18,  4 users,  load average: 1.10, 1.12, 1.30