Re: [News] American Antitrust Institude Slams American Justice Department for Shilling on Behalf Monopoly Abuser

> ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 02 October 2007 22:44 : \____

>>> Microsoft, The European Union, and the United States: A Statement by
>>> the AAI
>>
>> It's clear that the U.S. government /wants/ monopolies, as much as the
>> monopolisers. It seems to be the very foundation of their particularly
>> warped form of capitalism. In fact, they probably think that any other
>> approach is "unamerican". The disturbing reality: They may be right.
>>
> Remember that {national monopoly}!={international monopoly}
>
> Some monopolies are harmful, but it depends enormously on scale. As
> non-Americans, this must be realised and action needs to be taken. Anything
> else is acceptance of imperialism and exploitation.
>
> FWIW, I have some family in the States and I'm not anti-American. These
> arguments are just a case of being rational, not anti anything.

Monopolies are the end result of real capitalism, though; the only way
to avoid them is to legislate and then act against them.  If you leave
it until the monopoly is truly established, then it's probably too late
to ameliorate all the damage caused.  The UK's definition of 49% is a
good one, in that it provides an excellent warning of what is going to
happen.

There are some here who prefer the monopoly to be allowed to form more
completely before taking action, though.