[News] New Version of EnGarde Secure Linux Community Released; Puppy Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] New Version of EnGarde Secure Linux Community Released; Puppy Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:12:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Veteran Open Source Security firm releases Server platform: EnGarde Secure
Linux Community

,----[ Quote ]
| Guardian Digital is happy to announce the release of EnGarde Secure Community
| 3.0.17 (Version 3.0, Release 17).
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10102.html

First look at Puppy Linux 3.00

,----[ Quote ]
| Otherwise, all the applications and the system as a whole offered good
| performance and stable operation. It could be a wonderful start, especially
| for anyone wishing to be a little different, someone needing to save space
| and resources, or those requiring a portable solution. It'd be really great
| on a desktop with minimal input, and could be useful on a laptop with a bit
| more. It may not be the prettiest at the party, but it has a great
| personality.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071008#review

Related:

An in-depth look at Puppy Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I've discussed the features of Puppy Linux in this article to show its
| potential uses. But I've left out one vital fact -- Puppy Linux is just plain
| fun. The friendly interface, easy-to-use wizards and bundled how-to's are
| part of this appeal, but it goes beyond this, into how easily you can tailor
| or even remaster the system. Puppy is an engaging system that comes with the
| opportunity to participate in a vibrant user community.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT7455536044.html

Taking Puppy Linux for a Walk

,----[ Quote ]
| The two main uses for Puppy Linux (or any Linux live CD) are to:
|
|     * Rescue files from the host PC's hosed hard drive or perform various
|     maintenance tasks (like imaging that drive)
|     * Compute on a machine without leaving a trace—like browser history,
|     cookies, documents or any other files—behind on the internal hard drive
`----

http://lifehacker.com/software/geek-to-live/taking-puppy-linux-for-a-walk-307542.php

Puppy 3.00 runs on the $0 Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| It's nice to put in a CD, boot in a couple of minutes and have the Puppy
| environment I love right there for me. Abiword, Geany, Seamonkey, Pidgin,
| ROX-Filer, MtPaint. Every one works great and loads quickly.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/10/puppy_300_runs_on_the_0_laptop.html

Puppy Linux 3.00 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The new version Puppy Linux is released. Puppy is a distribution for low end
| PCs, designed to run from media like usb sticks. It's size is less than 100
| MB.
`----

http://www.pramnos.com/story69-2322.html

ReviewLinux.Com: Puppy Meet My USB Key