Re: New $300 Linux-based Laptop, iAudio Offers as Prize and Suports Software Freedom

"John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Oct 8, 3:15 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Another low-cost Linux laptop:
>
> I really want to believe, but unless you can show one of these sub-
> notebooks for sale, these press releases and lockup photos are
> completely unusable to me!
>
> I'm reminded of the year 2005 when everyone and his brother were
> touting a "laptop fuel cell" battery.
>
> Can you show me a single portable fuel-cell battery anywhere?
>
> No...not a single one!
>
> Not a single sub-notebook (for adults) around either.

Then why don't you buy a Palm Foleo that Schestowitz is crowing about:

Related:

Palm Foleo First Thoughts

,----[ Quote ]
| If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video should be worth a
| whole volume. That's why Brian Beeler and I recorded a brief video
| overview of the Foleo, which will hopefully give you a better idea of
| what it will be like to use the first mobile companion yourself.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13139

Oh... that's right. Because it's yet another low cost laptop that died
before it ever saw the light of day.

> C'mon...I thought Linux was for realists and vaporware for Windiots!

I thought linux users are used to hoping and dreaming.