Re: [News] Linux More Popular Than Windows as Quake Wars Server

  • Subject: Re: [News] Linux More Popular Than Windows as Quake Wars Server
  • From: John King <beerking59@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 18:42:29 +0000 (UTC)
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:HtPm5EJbJ/brr5DU6RM3y6d1KLo=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 18:39:58 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ET: Quake Wars For Linux In A Few Weeks
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Timothee had also added the "performance has been good on both the
> NVIDIA and | ATI graphics cards." When it comes to the Enemy Territory:
> Quake Wars Linux | server, which has been available for a few days now,
> is more popular than the | Windows server build with more than 1,300
> servers. `----
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjEwNA

VS how many clients which are mostly running Windows.
That's like saying "Linux owns the Internet" when maybe it has the server
market (I don't know, I am speculating) but the desktop market (ie:users
using the Internet) outnumber the servers serving the Internet by 100
million fold.

--

John King
beerking59@xxxxxxxxx