[News] Free Modeller Software Shows Feature Parity; 3-D Gaming Likewise

  • Subject: [News] Free Modeller Software Shows Feature Parity; 3-D Gaming Likewise
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:41:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
3D applications 2007 comparisons table.

,----[ Quote ]
| As you view each softwares have their strong and weaks parts !
`----

http://www.tdt3d.be/articles_viewer.php?art_id=99

Open Source Gaming Review: Assault Cube 0.92

,----[ Quote ]
| System requirements aren't too bad either. They call for:
|
| 1GHz or higher CPU
| 256MB RAM
| GeForce 4 MX or equivalent GPU.
|
| However, if you want to play at the maximum settings. The requirements are a
| bit stiffer. You'll need at least:
|
| 2GHz or higher CPU
| 512MB RAM
| GeForce 6600 or equivalent shader model 2.0 GPU
|
| And at Maximum, the picture is, in my humble opinion, as good as, if not
better in some ways, than many proprietary offerings.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=311

Related:

Blender 2.43 released - New Website

,----[ Quote ]
| All on the same day, a new Blender release and the migration to
| new servers and a brand new design for blender.org
`----

http://www.blender.org/news/article/blender-243-released-new-website/

Peach Open Movie

,----[ Quote ]
| As a follow-up to the successful project Orange's "Elephants Dream",
| the Blender Foundation will initiate another open movie project.
| Again a couple of the best 3D artists and developers in the Blender
| community will be invited to come together to work in Amsterdam on
| completing a short 3D animation movie.
`----

http://www.blender.org/blenderorg/blender-foundation/2007-plans

Crystal Space 3D