[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Sales Down Significantly (-17%), O/S Still Loathed

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Sales Down Significantly (-17%), O/S Still Loathed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:48:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Vista Business sales slow, XP stays steady in European IT channels,
says Context

,----[ Quote ]
| Channel sales of personal computers equipped with Microsoft's new Vista
| operating system for business users, Vista Business, slowed in August 2007
| accounting for 13 percent of unit PC sales through Europe's top IT
| distributors, according to IT market researchers Context. That's down from 17
| percent in July 2007.
`----

http://computers.tekrati.com/research/9416/

Here is a cartoon about pre-Vista (Windows ME):

http://xkcd.com/323/

What’s Your Verdict on Microsoft Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| In a recent article, titled “Why Vista Gets In My Way“, Guy Kewney talks
| about how the release of Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows XP represented an
| improvement from their predecessors.
|
| Guy, does not however, feel the same way about Windows Vista.
`----

http://www.johnzpchut.com/wordpress/2007/10/01/whats-your-verdict-on-microsoft-vista/

This one is old, but wasn't mentioned here before:

[Satire] Vista Heralds Bold New Era in Solitaire, Minesweeper

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ridiculopathy.com/news_detail.php?id=1757