Re: [News] Oracle Spreads linux, Microsoft 'Cracks Down' on Windows

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 01 October 2007 16:12 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>> [...]
>>> It's all about rigging markets
>>
>> Doesn't this come under "price-fixing"? I thought that was supposed to
>> be illegal?
>>

> Apparently, if you can argue that your brand-name is more important than
> the product, you can get away with market rigging.  I've no idea how it
> can possibly be acceptable, but apparently, it is.

You have to check who is writing thee law (or who is paying people to write
these laws). Vis-a-vis software patents...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
         run-level 2  2007-09-10 01:53                   last=