Re: [News] OSNews Paid for Microsoft's Big Lie Propaganda

____/ ml2mst on Monday 01 October 2007 14:18 : \____

http://linuxscorecard.blogspot.com/2007/09/this-blog-will-spring-back-to-life.html

>> Other sites include Linux.com, Slashdot, eWeek... among many more. They sell
>> their soul to an aggressive propagandist.
>
> Oh, well another issue of *The Unreliable Times*. I guess Thom Holwerda
> loved it :-p

Well, Thom, who established the site, has slammed Linux in the past (recently
he offered some praises to ubuntu, for a change) and he likes Microsoft
products.

Those who say that these ads are not effective clearly forget that search
engines exist and some people who are curious about Linux land on this pages
and then get driven away. Microsoft still pays for these ads because it knows
they are effective.

I thought Microsoft had said that it would cease the "Get the Facts" BS. Some
people said that it would turn more insidious, which it has.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"
Tasks: 175 total,   1 running, 174 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie