Re: [News] [OT] RIAA Will Not Survive with Its Broken Business Model

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Business Model Gone Bad: The Music and Movie Edition

<SNIP>

Mom Sues Universal Music for DMCA Abuse

,----[ Quote ]
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) filed suit today
against Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG), asking a
federal court to protect the fair use and free speech rights
of a mother who posted a short video of her toddler son
dancing to a Prince song on the Internet.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/general/10869/mom-sues-universal-music-dmca-abuse

Yes, rather sad. It discourages amateur efforts at expression. In a way it reminds me of the thriving amateur software industry until Windows 95 took over. A lot of that effort ceased and people became plain users.

This is why I am happy that Linux is available. It restores a lot of the software tools that can be used by average people for creativity, that were taken away by the software monopolies due to high cost.

Those tools are of professional grade and available for use, a decent learning laboratory.

--
HPT