[News] More Details on the Citrix Snatch of Xen

  • Subject: [News] More Details on the Citrix Snatch of Xen
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:21:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Citrix preaches 'second mover advantage' over VMware

,----[ Quote ]
| With XenSource, Citrix completed this push, adding technology that sits at
| the very heart of the data center. Now, according to Wasson, Citrix is well
| poised to continue its mission of becoming a "successful, multi-billion
| dollar software company."
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/10/18/citrix_xensource_wasson_virtualization/

Related:

Citrix and Microsoft make nice at VMWorld

,----[ Quote ]
| For those wondering how Microsoft partner Citrix’s purchase of open-source
| vendor XenSource would affect Citrix’s relationship with Microsoft, the
| September 11 announcement involving the two does little to answer that
| question.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=708

Microsoft, Citrix To Extend Virtualization Alliance

,----[ Quote ]
| Today at VMworld 2007, Microsoft Corp. and Citrix Systems Inc. announced that
| they have strengthened their longtime integration alliance in the desktop and
| application delivery market by standardizing on the Microsoft Virtual Hard
| Disk (VHD) format as a common runtime environment for both virtualized
| operating systems and applications.
`----

http://www.huliq.com/33884/microsoft-citrix-to-extend-virtualization-alliance

Will Microsoft Buy the New Citrix?

,----[ Quote ]
| VMware, holding some 85 percent of the market, with its VI3 technologies
| offers a fully integrated stack and represents a third generation of
| virtualization technology, while Viridian and Xen-based products, including
| SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, XenEnterprise
| and Virtual Iron, remain second-generation products, the report stated.

Heady Days for Virtual Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| The former Microsoft Latest News about Microsoft general manager is
| now vice president of XenSource, a Palo Alto, Calif., virtualization
| company with a growing outpost in Redmond, Wash.

What the XenSource deal says about open source

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/08/what_the_xensou.html