Re: Linux destroyed the Earth's ozone layer

____/ Handover Phist on Friday 19 October 2007 06:13 : \____

> Gregory Shearman :
>> Sue Romer wrote:
>>

>>> I connected a brand new HP Photosmart 8750 printer to my linux box. I used
>>> the "printer configuration tool" to add and configure my printer. Linux
>>> said that the printer was ready for use so I tried printing a simple photo
>>> for my first trial run.
>>>
>>> Even though this is a very high end printer the photo looked like it came
>>> off a 9-pin dot matrix printer. The driver is clearly very generic and
>>> doesn't come close to taking full advantage of my printers capability.
>>>
>>> Next I tried to print a 4 page report. It started out OK but then the
>>> print head started violently slamming back and forth against the stops. I
>>> tried to turn off the printer but before I could linux ended up destroying
>>> it.
>>>
>>> I contacted HP and they told me that the warranty was voided because I
>>> didn't use approved drivers with the printer. The only official drivers
>>> are for Windows and the Mac. Now I'm out of luck and out several hundred
>>> dollar$ - thanks linux, thanks for nothing.
>>
>> When I ran Linux it created a hole in the ozone layer!!!!
>
> I ran Linux and all it did is kick me in the nuts.
>
> Fuckin Linux.

Ubuntu spilled my coffee on the keyboard. Mark Shuttleworth owes me a keyboard.

Microsoft loves competition.
"We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."
                --Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President