Re: [News] GNU/Linux promotion spreads even further in Africa

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 18 October 2007 03:29 : \____

> Africa: More nations to promote Linux use
>
> .----
> |    "Two more African countries join the Linux Professional
> | Institute (LPI), the worldwide promoters of skills on Linux and
> | Open Source technologies, based in Toronto, Canada."
> `----
>
> http://www.africanews.com/site/list_messages/12278

If I were Microsoft, I wouldn't worry. Africa still loves Microsoft.

Africa: 'Microsoft is Imperialistic' Says Open Source Advocates

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corporation's products have been locked out of the
| on-going World Social Forum (WSF) in Nairobi Kenya.
|
| With over 300 computers provided for participants and the press,
| organizers of the WSF have preferred to provide open source
| software products and blocked all Microsoft related products for
| the forum's usage and its related activities.
|
| [...]
|
| Activists at the forum also believe that since Microsoft is a
| corporate brand from the United States of America, a country
| they believe has intentions of maintaining the status quo of
| a unipolar world over which it is above international law and
| the UN, the brand should be locked out.
|
| [...]
|
| "The open source movement is providing Linux, a robust free
| software. Everybody owns it and it can be shared. And this
| is what WSF is all about - a free society, a movement
| fighting for ownership of free resources" he adds.
`----

http://allafrica.com/stories/200701230831.html

Roy S. Schestowitz     | D-I-S-C-O becomes D-I-E S-C-O
 06:20:02 up 1 day, 15:05,  3 users,  load average: 1.49, 1.82, 1.94