Re: [News] [Rival] The Government Reaches People's PCs (Windows is a Bonus)

____/ SomeBloke on Tuesday 30 October 2007 14:04 : \____

> BearItAll wrote:
>
>> SomeBloke wrote:

>>> That is the stupidest thing I've read this week. It is akin to
>>> saying "Please arrest me, lock me up and beat me repeatedly just in case
>>> I've done something wrong". People like you do not deserve freedom.
>>>
>>> I despair sometimes, I really do.
>>
>> What I said did not relate to your 'Please arrest me ... etc'.
>
> Re-read your own comments and reflect on your willingness to be pushed
> around by the 'authorities'.

I agree. We've all learned that databases and snooping are bound to be misused
(e.g. husband spies on wife while at work).

For security, some warrant and other such policies are needed.

Microsoft loves competition.
"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"
                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief