[News] More Good Reviews: Flux(box)Ubuntu and Asus Eee

  • Subject: [News] More Good Reviews: Flux(box)Ubuntu and Asus Eee
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:04:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fluxbuntu 7.10 RC on 450Mhz K6-2, 256Mb

,----[ Quote ]
| In short, this is something that has been needed for a long time — a cool and
| clean Ubuntu derivative that’s at once lightweight and comprehensive. If
| you’re a past Ubuntu user and you have a 500Mhz machine in the closet, this
| is what you’d want on it. I would recommend this over Xubuntu for anyone in
| the sub-1Ghz range, any day of the week.
|
| Try it. You’ll like it.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/10/28/fluxbuntu-710-rc-on-450mhz-k6-2-256mb/

Asus Eee PC 701

,----[ Quote ]
| As for that other famous low-cost notebook: The $188 OLPC XO laptop is a far
| more ambitious product in that its purpose is to educate children in
| developing nations. But that doesn't mean the Eee PC isn't a breakthrough in
| its own right. It brings affordable computing to everyone else, and without a
| learning curve.
`----

http://www.laptopmag.com/Review/Exclusive-First-Review-Asus-Eee-PC-701.htm

Related:

A weekend with fluxbox.

,----[ Quote ]
| My biggest problem with using fluxbox is not fluxbox itself. I wanted it to
| be able to save some resources for my aging computer but I still needed to
| use KDE programs. So I checked my resource usage with pure KDE and then with
| fluxbox and KDE programs. There was no difference in resource usage.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/a-weekend-with-fluxbox-18594

Fluxbox on Gutsy, just to be different

,----[ Quote ]
| Just for giggles, I installed Fluxbox on Gutsy today ... which isn't
| really very daring, since the repositories have only been open for
| a day or two, and there?s very little in there that has changed.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/fluxbox-on-gutsy-just-to-be-different/

Fluxbuntu - Light weight Ubuntu-based Linux distribution featuring Fluxbox
window manager

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/fluxbuntu-light-weight-ubuntu-based-linux-distribution-featuring-fluxbox-window-manager.html