Re: [News] [Rival] Crysis Alleged "Fraud" -- Marketing for Microsoft?

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 30 October 2007 12:07 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that BearItAll spake thusly:
>
>> I still say it is legitimate to put the updated code into the new
>> product, even if it could work on the old.
>
> This isn't about updates, it's about Microsoft /lying/, then using that
> lie to promote sales. The issue is one of unethical behaviour ... again.

I had a different point in mind when reading Bear's post. With Ubuntu (or any
GNU/Linux) you can trivially update/upgrade/control every component. There are
never forced upgrade. You can even manually upgrade all pertinent packages
including the kernel (if you are brave... or a veteran).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
Tasks: 109 total,   1 running, 108 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie