Re: Linus Torvalds, RMS, and Attention to More Proxies

____/ Ramon F Herrera on Saturday 27 October 2007 19:50 : \____

> On Oct 27, 9:59 am, Linonut <lino...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>>

>> > The Perfect Crime
>>
>> > ,----[ Quote ]

>> > `----
>>
>> >http://rixstep.com/2/1/20071026,01.shtml
>>

>  > That article is complete shit, Roy.
>
> Nope, I wouldn't define it as shit. Far form it. It is a nice example
> of propaganda. We all know that "sex sells", but this guy is
> considering the unique characteristics of his audience (read: customer
> base). Just like the tabloids sell ads based on scandals, this guy is
> selling some "Xfile" application and the best he could come up with
> was to write a controversial article (full of crap, I agree) to
> attract our eyes.
>
> -Ramon

Speaking of controversy and propaganda, this one comes to mind.

Interview with Dr Andrew S Tanenbaum

,----[ Quote ]
| Andrew S Tanenbaum: A couple of years ago this guy called Ken Brown
| wrote a book saying that Linus stole Linux from me, from Minix,
| and therefore the intellectual property rights are unclear and
| therefore companies shouldn't use Linux because I might sue them.
|
| It later came out that Microsoft had paid him to do this --
| and I defended Linus. I wrote on my Web site saying that this
| guy Brown came through, visited me and I gave him the
| [correct] story.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/strategy/architecture/soa/Interview_with_Dr_Andrew_S_Tanenbaum/0,339028264,339273224,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/3c78xz

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    The most satisfying eXPerience is UNIX
 01:00:01 up 11 days, 10:45,  3 users,  load average: 1.30, 0.81, 0.96