Re: [News] The Telegraph Gives Linux a Spot

"Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Adam Baum <baum@xxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>
>> "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> You guys are so utterly clueless it's amazing.
>>>
>>> That's an article about how to suck-up and get the best results when
>>> meeting with or partnering with Microsoft.  Similar "rules" apply when
>>> meeting with any big company: know the corporate culture, praise their
>>> products, don't waste their time, don't expect access to executives,
>>> etc.
>>
>> I doubt these "linux advocates" have ever traveled to big companies and
>> attended meetings. These idiots really have no idea how the *real* world
>> operates.
>>

> Actually, quite a lot of us are quite senior in some of the world's
> largest companies.  That's how we *know* how the real world operates,
> because we *are* it.

Good for you. Now answer me this. If you were having lunch with execs from
say "Cadbury Schweppes" and they all ordered Schweppes brand drinks would
you order a Pepsi and drink it during the lunch meeting?

Or if you were having a meeting with execs from the Liverpool football team
would you have a "Manchester United" pin on your jacket? (Or vice-versa)

Or if you used "Orange" as your cell phone provider would make this known
during a meeting with execs from British Telecom if you were vying for their
business?

Well this is precisely the scenario the article covered when meeting with
Microsoft. Hint... if you're visiting Microsoft and are trying to do
business with them you don't show up with a linux laptop and connect to
Google to run a search. It should be common sense but that's not always
[Doh]mers forte'.