[News] Linux Saves Users from "Vista Disaster"?

  • Subject: [News] Linux Saves Users from "Vista Disaster"?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:34:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Is Vista A Disaster?

,----[ Quote ]
| The primary one is that, at last, with Ubuntu, there’s a Linux distribution
| that is truly user friendly. There’s also the fact that the $100 PC is now in
| play (albeit for $200) and this will inevitably grow the market for Linux
| PCs. Finally, there’s a low-end PC market which cares not to pay for Windows.
| PCs sold through Wal Mart in the US and Tesco in the UK are Linux, with a
| whole swathe of open source applications loaded
`----

http://havemacwillblog.com/2007/10/23/is-vista-a-disaster/

Vista finally does something right:

http://tech.2fatdads.com/2007/10/windows-vista-boxes-suffer-identity.html

Related (last week):

Dumping Vista - A divorce with a happy ending

.----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/eai/madgreek/archives/dumping-vista-a-divorce-with-a-happy-ending-19844