Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

____/ Kier on Wednesday 24 October 2007 11:09 : \____

> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:30:01 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Kier on Wednesday 24 October 2007 09:23 : \____

>>> Do you have *any* proof of thatr nonsense?
>>
>> Cause (mind the highlight):
>>
>> Anti-DRM Protesters call on the BBC to eliminate DRM from the iPlayer
>
> <snip>
>
>> And effect:
>>
>> BBC sacks 2,500 skilled staff
>
> <snip>
>
> Not proof, and certainly not direct cause and effect, no matter how you'd
> like to swing it that way.
>
> The licence fee hasn't gone up enough in real terms. That's the
> cause. MS had little or nothing to do with it (the BBC has many other
> expensive committments). It's time to stop blaming MS for everything and
> look at the real problems.

Yes, which is the fact that the MSBBC sends the jobs and money to other
countries. Microsoft and their partner Siemens are great examples.

MPs rap BBC over Siemens deal

,----[ Quote ]
| But public spending watchdog the PAC said BBC executives misled the board
| of governors about possible savings while trying to convince them to give
| the deal the go-ahead.
|
| The committee of MPs found £60m of costs was excluded when budgets were
| put to the governors for approval.
|
| [...]
|
| The PAC said the BBC was failing to manage the contract properly.
|
| [...]
|
| The report suggests the BBC should open up its accounts to government
| officials for proper scrutiny.

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/06/29/pac_bbc_siemens/

Again, first-class corruption. Microsoft is part of a phenomenon and a pattern.
It is not *the* problem, but /part/ of the problem. Being part of the problem
is still being a problem, no matter how you think about it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Mandriva & Fedora - Gotta love them girls
Cpu(s): 26.3%us,  4.4%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.0%id,  3.8%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st