Re: [News] Powerful Open Source GPU is a Reality (More Details Revealed)

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 08 September 2007 11:15 : \____

>> It's official: ATI Radeon drivers to be open sourced
>
> Finally a GPU manufacturer realises that /hardware/ sales don't need to
> depend on closed source /software/. Excellent news.
>
>> Quake on a Linux box?
>
> That's an odd title. :-\
>
> The entire Quake series has always been available for GNU/Linux. Indeed
> the sources for the first three titles have been released under the GPL.

Yes, I thought so as well. Maybe when Linux gets multiple pointers support (X
Org 7.4) we'll find clueless headlines like "Linux support mouse with more
than 1 button" (the Apple insanity, maybe to be followed by a monitor
conttoller with just 2 buttons... or just 1 which works on Morse code, i.e.
binary signals).

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Run a Linux server, then learn how to knit
Mem:    515500k total,   444704k used,    70796k free,     4724k buffers