[News] Crashes and Viruses a Neccessary Evil, Un[less|til] You Move to Linux

  • Subject: [News] Crashes and Viruses a Neccessary Evil, Un[less|til] You Move to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 13:59:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Solution Before the Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| A theory I have? People accept this pain as a necessary evil. Crashes,
| viruses, and the like are just a part of running a PC; one more thing to make
| our lives miserable. It seems like brainwashing, but it's actually something
| many of us will do.
|
| [...]
|
| This is the core of the problem: no one jumps to the Linux solution because
| they don't know it's available. If they have heard of Linux, it's from
| companies like IBM and Novell, and usually in the context of big servers, not
| something an SMB could afford or even need.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-09-07-038-26-OP-BZ-DT

KDE 4 is already looking better than Vista... (screenshots)

http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/

Related:

Internet users unfazed by spam: study

,----[ Quote ]
| The volume of spam arriving in Americans' personal and workplace
| inboxes is rising, but email users are less bothered by it than
| they once were.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/25/email_spam_study/

[Bill Gate:] Why I Hate Spam