[News] Projects Launched to Promote Free Games for Linux, Documentation

  • Subject: [News] Projects Launched to Promote Free Games for Linux, Documentation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:57:21 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Nuxified and Cluenet prepare a gaming tourney. You are invited!

,----[ Quote ]
| Nuxified.org and Cluenet.org are preparing to hold a Free Software gaming
| tournament. Its purpose is to promote gaming in the Free Software world, on
| operating systems such as GNU/Linux, and *BSD and show that gaming is not
| limited to proprietary platforms such as Microsoft's Windows.
`----

http://www.nuxified.org/article/nuxified_and_cluenet_prepare_a_gaming_tourney_you_are_invited

New site:

http://libregamewiki.org/Main_Page

"Libregamewiki is an encyclopedia on all the Free video games and the Free
gaming culture in general. Libregamewiki currently has about 115 articles
right now!"

Another new site:

http://www.thelinuxvault.net/wiki/Main_Page

"What is The Linux Vault?

The Linux Vault is a new wiki project founded with the mission of creating a
centralized GNU/Linux information website."

Related:

Open Source Gaming Review: Linux Gamers Live DVD 0.9.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I like this live dvd of popular free Linux games and I wish the
| absolute best to the developers of the Linux-Gamers.net Live DVD and I want
| to encourage them to continue their work. It’s very, very much appreciated.
| While it’s still got some growing to do, and some bugs to iron out, it really
| has been a very enjoyable distribution to experiment with. I especially like
| the idea that I can take it with me anywhere I go and play some of my
| favorite Linux games, even if the system I’m playing it on doesn’t have
| Linux.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=265

Supergamer VL Developmental Release Available

,----[ Quote ]
| Big 3d Games: Americas Army, Doom 3, Enemy Territory, Nexuiz, Postal 2,
| Quake 4, Soldier of Fortune, Unreal Tournament 2004, True Combat,
| Torcs, DropTeam, Sauerbraten(Cube 2)...
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17634

live.linuX-gamers.net is a Linux live-dvd distribution

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://live.linux-gamers.net/?s=games