Re: [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Bully in Government Exposed

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 12:56 : \____

>> Microsoft Paid Lobbyist $160,000
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Microsoft Paid Paid Bingham McCutchen $160,000 to Lobby Federal Gov't in
>>| First Half of 2007
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070905/microsoft_lobbying.html?.v=1
>>

> And we still allow this to happen?  This is outrageous, and has no place
> in a real democracy, or, for that matter, a constitutional monarchy.

Exactly! Finally, someone who agrees that this is a disgusting and
anti-democratic practise (only made legal by those who lobby in favour of
lobbying, or those paying lawmakers to write the law). It's shredding
democracy to pieces. One must wonder how much of that $160,000 (for 6 months)
Bingham McCutchen just tossed onto some senator's bank account. Heck. He may
have bought Mr. Senator a session with a dozen hookers.

As Ghost says, welcome to the New World Order.

>> Yesterday:
>>
>> Why Microsoft deserved to lose the OOXML standards vote
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| 1. Lobbying is legal. But certain lobbying tactics are not. Microsoft
>>| officials admitted that one of the company?s employees behaved
>>| inappropriately in Sweden,
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=694
>
> And still nobody is concerned that OOXML might just be, well, more
> levers for corruption?

The world is too busy making money. Never mind crime, unless some celebrity
gets shot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/10/business/10microsoft.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/26/news/international/bc.vista.microsoft.eu.reut/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/12/AR2006101200889.html

http://www.fonz.net/blog/archives/2007/06/04/politicians-in-microsofts-pocket/

>> Politics and tech companies: follow the money
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Microsoft took first place with $651,100 given out, while
>>| Hewlett-Packard gave only $185,550, and Gateway gave a paltry
>>| $2,000. Microsoft's donations certainly illustrate well the true
>>| size of the company and the extent of its political concerns.
>> `----
>>
>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061110-8194.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Stand for nothing and you will fall for anything"
Tasks: 124 total,   1 running, 123 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie